Thursday 13 February 2014

Sunrise In a New City

Okay it’s almost one month since I skipped town to become an ISLAND GIRL!!! My transformation has been rather interesting and is still a bit surreal. Right now I’m still in the honeymoon phase as I soak up all the excitement that my exchange at UWI Mona has brought and will continue to bring.  

So far I haven't really explored the island, but I’ve explored campus a bit. By exploring I really mean I got lost. But thank goodness I had my future husband Mr. Hollywood Face Rob to keep me on track :o) I kid I kid. 

Rob is a character in himself BUT he’s always a ball of fun!!!! 

I’ve also met a ton of other cool people who are here on exchange from places like: Finland, Samoa, Japan, The Bahamas, Nigeria, America, and of course CANADA!!!!

But while everyone back home is enjoying the brisk Canadian air with -40 temperatures, I'm here lounging on a beautiful tropical island as I try to work on my summer glow. 

Hopefully the excitement and bliss last forever, well at least until departure!!! 



Fun Fact: 

The famous Norman Manely International Airport, which is located on the Kingston Harbour was featured in the 2002 Jamaican film 'Shottas'.

No comments:

Post a Comment