Thursday 7 November 2013

The Nomadic Thinker

As I prepare to go overseas to study I can’t help but think how %@!#%! lucky I am. Some days I am still in disbelief because who would have thought that this city girl, who had no idea as to how she was going to pay for university, would be planning to study in a whole other country. 

I must admit having the opportunity to study abroad is a lovely way to conclude, well postpone my academic career at The University of WindsorBesides what’s better than sitting on the beach sipping a Piña Colada and watching muscular men walk by? …Oh yeah and learning, learning is much more important.  

But with my daydream aside, going on exchange is a fascinating, fun, and good experience for students. In the simplest sense going on exchange is the ability to live a fragmented life under different and sometimes even unfamiliar conditions, and if a student can do that then he or she is a step closer to developing a keen sense of independence. This is because experiences abroad provides students with the opportunity to mature and become respectful global citizens as they broaden their horizons.


Fun Fact: 

People will ask you to speak just because they like hearing your accent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment